Gallbladder and Liver Detoxification
Carduus is a homeopathic combination primarily for gallbladder conditions with secondary effects on the liver. It is used for acute, sub-acute and chronic diseases of the liver and gallbladder with emphasis on gallbladder conditions, constipation, stasis of the portal vein, hemorrhoids, hepatopathy with constipation and difficulty in fat digestion.
Carduus works by improving bile secretion, which in turn improves fat digestion, relieves constipation from increased intestinal peristalsis and helps remove small gallstones (gravel). It also has anti-spasmodic effects and stimulates the blood flow in the portal vein.
Each 100 ml contains:
- Berberis vulgaris D2 2.0 ml
- Carduus marianus D1 5.0 ml
- Cascara sagrada (Rhamnus purshianus) D1 73 ml
- Chelidonium majus D1 5.0 ml
- Cuprum metallicum D8 2.0 ml
- Leptandra virginica D2 2.0 ml
- Magnesia phosphorica D8 2.0 ml
- Myrica cerifera D2 2.0 ml
- Natrium sulfuricum D6 2.0 ml
- Taraxacum officinale D1 5.0 ml